The YA Scavenger Hunt is currently CLOSED for submissions.
- Helpful Links:
Are you an author who would like to participate in the next YA Scavenger Hunt?
Why you should participate: The YA Scavenger Hunt is a program that draws readers from several different fandoms in one short blog hop. Typically, we get more than a thousand entries in the contest each time, and most authors will see a spike in traffic of several thousand hits during the hunt. The point of the hunt is to spread the word about great YA reads, and in a recent poll, nearly 600 of the participating readers said the number one thing they look forward in the hunt is finding new authors to read.
Please read the FAQ below, and fill out the accompanying form if you'd like to participate. The number of authors who can participate is limited and will be determined at the organizer's discretion.
- Each participating author must provide a copy of at least one book to one grand prize winner. This is an international contest; each author must agree to ship the prize at his or her own cost to the winner.
- Each participating author must provide exclusive content for a post for the participating readers to find in the hunt.
- Each participating author must host the exclusive content of another author on his or her site.
- Each participating author should be able to update, advertise, and ensure that his/her site is in working order throughout the duration of the hunt.
- All content for the hunt must be submitted at least one week before the hunt.
- The author should be available via phone or email two hours prior to and after the start of the hunt to accommodate last-minute changes or updates to the hunt.
- Authors who cannot meet these requirements may be excluded from the current or later hunts.
- Final selection of participating authors in the hunt is up to the discretion of the organizer.
- Authors interested in participating in the next YA Scavenger Hunt must fill out the Google form at least three weeks prior to the upcoming hunt. To be added to the author email list, send an inquiry to email@example.com
- For questions on participation in the hunt, please contact Colleen Houck on twitter @colleenhouck or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.